[LRUG] map.resources and Recipe for consolidating controllers

Jason Cale jason.cale at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 08:12:55 PST 2008

On 5 Nov 2008, at 16:07, James Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Neat though it is, that recipe isn't really appropriate to the
> new-style map.resources stuff, as it does all the routing for you and
> expects new, edit, update, and create actions to be implemented. I
> wouldn't really recommend fighting against that... I'd stick with
> separate actions.
>
> I have an old 1.2 app which uses that recipe all over the place, and
> it's going to be a right pain to change to a resource-based approach.
>
> cheers,
> James

Hey,

ActionController these days has a request.put? which would equate to
true for your update command .. but as James mentioned it might not be
best way to go these days ..

I often use Hampton Catlin's make_resourceful to abstract my
controllers, and I think it works splendidly.

http://github.com/hcatlin/make_resourceful/tree/master

It's nice and easy to extend for your edge cases ..

Cheers,
Jase.