[LRUG] EC2 as development server

Zaheed Haque zaheed.haque at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 03:27:34 PST 2008

Hi:

We are thinking of using EC2  Ubuntu AMI to make it our development
server. I am wondering if anyone is doing that if so any do's and
don'ts. Also there are many tools like rubber, ec2onrails, poolparty,
rightscale, sclar etc any advice, I have tried all of the above to
avoid Rightscale's hefty monthly payment.. any options anyone
recommends. Free options are pretty much the same with the following
thought i.e 1 instance easy to get up but customization requires
digging deeper so before I do that I wonder are they any favorites.

thanks again.
Zaheed