[LRUG] rackspace << slicehost

Simon Tokumine simon at japancentre.com
Thu Oct 23 15:16:36 PDT 2008

Just in case you're too bleedin busy, I thought I'd just mention that
Rackspace have bought Slicehost. I'm sure there are loads of us with slices,
so it probably affects a good portion of lrug. Yes, better them than the
cutprice chumps at thePlanet or EV1, but I wonder how much the wave of cash,
corporate overhead, and potential loss of strategic control will change the
service we recieve?

Has there already been an EC2 talk at lrug? I'm considering testing the
water, especially as it's now out of beta.
Si