[LRUG] rackspace << slicehost

Simon Tokumine simon at japancentre.com
Sun Oct 26 12:34:00 PDT 2008

oooh +1

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:01 PM, George Palmer <george.palmer at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've used EC2 fairly extensively and have just done a weeks work
> researching into some of the more advanced benefits and drawbacks for a
> startup idea.  Would be happy to talk on the topic if there's sufficient
> interest.
>
> George
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:16:36 +0100
> From: "Simon Tokumine" <simon at japancentre.com>
> Subject: [LRUG] rackspace << slicehost
> To: "London Ruby Users Group" <chat at lists.lrug.org>
>
> Just in case you're too bleedin busy, I thought I'd just mention that
> Rackspace have bought Slicehost. I'm sure there are loads of us with
> slices,
> so it probably affects a good portion of lrug. Yes, better them than the
> cutprice chumps at thePlanet or EV1, but I wonder how much the wave of
> cash,
> corporate overhead, and potential loss of strategic control will change the
> service we recieve?
>
> Has there already been an EC2 talk at lrug? I'm considering testing the
> water, especially as it's now out of beta.
> Si

Japancentre.com
212 Piccadilly,
London,
W1J 9HX,
United Kingdom

Tel: 0870-162-0255
Email: enquiry at japancentre.com
Web: www.japancentre.com

VAT No: 219 5216 69

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and further distribution,
copying, or communication is prohibited. No contract or undertaking may be
inferred from this e-mail or any attachments unless that intention is
explicitly stated.