[LRUG] rackspace << slicehost

Olly Headey olly at freeagentcentral.com
Mon Oct 27 14:53:21 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:01 PM, George Palmer
<george.palmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used EC2 fairly extensively and have just done a weeks work
> researching into some of the more advanced benefits and drawbacks
> for a
> startup idea.  Would be happy to talk on the topic if there's
> sufficient
> interest.

+1 for this.  I'm excited about the goings on in AWS-land lately so
would be keen to hear some EC2 stories from the trenches, especially
if Ruby/Rails-related.

From: "David Salgado" <david at digitalronin.com>
> If Rackspace screw up Slicehost, I may need to look at it again!

I don't think the Rackspace acquisition will have a negative effect on
Slicehost.  I'm not really one to stick up for the big guy, but having
used Rackspace for a couple of years I can say they're nothing less
than excellent and I'm sure the end result will mean a bigger (of
course) but even better Slicehost.

Cheers, Olly

---
FreeAgent : Painless Online Accounting