[LRUG] LRUG quiz for Oct meeting

Steve Ganly steve at concept-shop.com
Mon Sep 8 06:50:45 PDT 2008

Hi peeps,

I've volunteered to organise a quiz for next months LRUG meeting (Oct).

The idea is to have a panel based game with buzzers/buttons just like
you'd see on a TV game show.

I'd like to hear thoughts on what kind of format to use:
  2 x teams of 4
  4 x teams of 4 (if we're in the big room)
  4 x teams of 2
or something along those lines.

Depending on demand, should we organise teams in advance or sort it
out on the night.  Do we want/need a preliminary selection round like
on "Who wants to be a millionaire?"

The games will have a number of rounds. Each round having either one
subject or a set of questions for a number of topics that can be
chosen by the players.

I've a list of Ruby, Rails and "common gems" topics already, but would
like to hear your suggestions/requests.

Some more suggestions for fun round topics (from the last LRUG nights
session):
  David Hasslehoff
  Baywatch Nights
  Founders @ work
  Language design & designers
  Geek Culture
  Beers at sam smiths pubs

More suggestions are invited...

If anyone wants to suggest questions, please do so in this format:
  Q: Who starred next to David Hasslehoff in Baywatch?