[LRUG] Question about encryption

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:12:48 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been looking around for ways to encrypt text/files in Ruby, and
blog posts etc. seem a little thin on the ground - The OpenSSL
documentation is a little sparse as well. Does anyone know of any good
articles / blog posts etc. that Google is failing to turn up? Has
anyone used any libraries other than OpenSSL with success?

In addition I'm more interested in speed than strength in the
algorithm for this use case, so any pointers as to the relative
performance of the various algorithms would be welcome.

Cheers,
Roland