[LRUG] [ANN] Call for Proposals - Scotland on Rails 2009

Paul Wilson merecomplists01 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:44:07 PDT 2008

Hello London.

This is Scotland calling:-

Last year over 100 attendees and speakers from around the UK, Europe
and US came together in Edinburgh for what keynote speaker and
RailsCore member Michael Koziarski recently described on stage as "the
best small conference" he'd attended.

Scotland on Rails is pleased to announce the Conference will be
running again in 2009 and the call for proposals is now open.

The venue is the same, University of Edinburgh's Pollock Halls, but
the dates are a week earlier.

Thursday 26 March will be the charity tutorial day – a whole day
tutorial in Ruby and Rails taught by RailsCore alumni and iPhone
programmer Marcel Molina Jnr and long-time Ruby programmer, Pragmatic
author, and jazz saxophonist Chad Fowler.

Friday 27 and Saturday 28 March will be the conference proper. We have
already confirmedMarcel Molina Jnr and Giles Bowkett for the keynotes,
and are now soliciting session proposals.

We are hoping for a mix of new and experienced speakers, targeting
both new and experienced Ruby programmers. All sessions on Ruby,
Rails, or associated technologies and techniques will be considered.
This includes, but is not limited to:

- experience reports
- scaling
- security
- testing techniques
- alternatives to the normal Rails stack

Please send submissions as plain text attachments to submissions at scotlandonrails.com
. We will be manually checking and acknowledging submissions – if you
do not hear anything in 24 hours chase us up.

Sessions should be 45 minutes long.  The closing date for submissions
is December 1st 2008.

—Paul, Graeme and Alan

p.s. If you are interested in sponsoring Scotland on Rails 2009,
please emailsponsorship at scotlandonrails.com.