[LRUG] [JOB] Would you believe it, yet another Rails dev wanted

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Fri Apr 17 10:14:50 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Matt Kydd <mk at storefu.com> wrote:
> Would be cool if job advertisers made a donation to the bar at next meeting.

I don't see what the problem is with people advertising jobs here.
It's mutually beneficial on both sides of the coin as long as they
aren't mindless recruiters and are part of the community then it's
good thing in my book.  If I was looking for a job well written job
posts on this list would be my first port of call.  It's a chance to
work with someone from LRUG that I might have met, listened to a
presentation from or otherwise rather than a completely random
company.

If we get into some kind of paid situation (even if its beer, or pizza
- ahem) I think it would attract less agreeable type of recruiter and
I'd feel obliged to listen even if I didn't want to.  At the moment if
I see a post marked [JOB] on the list I can ignore it if I want to and
go about my business.  I'd rather opt in and buy my own beer, thanks.

That's my two cents anyway.

--
Dan Webb
http://www.danwebb.net