[LRUG] Ruby 1.9 problem - mutex lib not loading properly

James Fairbairn james at netlagoon.com
Wed Aug 12 14:47:10 PDT 2009

Hi Alex,
There's a lot of inconclusive stuff on the net about embedding Ruby 1.9, but
one thing we've found we have to do (and this in a function that doesn't
return, i.e. main()[1]), is call the RUBY_INIT_STACK macro.

In the system I'm working on, we also call ruby_sysinit(), but I don't have
the full code in front of me, so I can't tinker with it. Anyway, here's our
boot-up-ruby sequence:

ruby_sysinit(&fake_argc, const_cast<char ***>(&fake_argv_star));
 RUBY_INIT_STACK;
ruby_init();
ruby_init_loadpath();

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

James

[1] http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/149451