[LRUG] Freelancers pairing with existing developers on short term projects - this common?

Francisco Trindade (Frank) frank.trindade at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:58:05 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

my suggestion (dont know your context, so I dont know if its possible)
would be to get a part of your project that has a clear deliverable
(or define one) and get this "coach" guy to be a part of it, with the
clear intention of also sharing knowledge during the process. This way
you will be able to hit problems and actually solving them together,
and you should get a better result.

Making the coach available just for a few days is also possible, but
you need to take into account that your capacity will be changing
during the week (you'll be probably more productive as a pair than
alone), so this could be a little hard to manage.

Cheers,
Frank

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Chris Adams<chrisdaggimoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, thanks for your responses; they've been really illuminating.
>
> Two related questions from this:
>
> 1) If there is such a thing, what is a realistic timeframe for running
> a pairing or enablement project like this? I totally get that a few
> days is a very tight timeframe, is it more common to run over a couple
> of weeks, a few days a week for example?
>
> 2) Are the coding dojos still running in London? The mailing list
> looks like it went quiet in May, and now is populated mostly by
> spambots.

> --
> Chris Adams
> mob: 07974 368 229