[LRUG] Getting started with AMQP / RabbitMQ

Craig Webster craig at barkingiguana.com
Wed Aug 12 16:21:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Following the talk tonight on AMQP[1] I started playing with RabbitMQ.
I had held off a little while because I thought that RabbitMQ might
take a while to setup what with the VHosts and security and exchanges
and stuff but it turns out it's really easy to get started. Of course,
I had Erlang already installed (MacPorts I think) but still...

Here's the (surprisingly little) work that I did to get up and running:

  http://barkingiguana.com/blog/2009/08/12/first-steps-with-rabbit-mq-in-ruby-1-8-6

I'm pretty new to both EventMachine and AMQP so if there's some
"better" way to write this I'd love to know.

Thanks Alex for the encouraging and informative talk.

[1] http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/ajax-ria/amqp-in-ruby

Cheers,
Craig
--