[LRUG] git question

Taryn East teast at globalpersonals.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 04:25:30 PDT 2009

2009/8/20 Tom Stuart <tom at experthuman.com>

> How are you actually creating the patches?

oh - and I tried several ways to make the patches...
What I had expected to find was that somebody would have nicely made it
possible to use gitk and go "I want that commit, and that commit and that
one... now go make me a patch" ;)

Unfortunately nobody had done that for me (damn!), so I had to fiddle with
SHA1 ids and since/until and --committer to pull out my commits

thinking about that a little more - it's entirely possible that the patches
I created completely ignored the merge/rebases I did...

not to mention that I found out the hard way that "since..until" is
non-inclusive :P

I think I used "git-log -p" to actually make the patch as it seemed the
easiest to actually pull out what I wanted... after have read through reams
of man-pages on the various git-commands and several tutorials... this all
seems way less easy that just an svn-diff :P

Taryn