[LRUG] DSLs for newbies: HTML generation (discuss)

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Thu Dec 10 06:49:06 PST 2009

Mark Blackman wrote:
> On 10/12/2009 13:49, Daniel Barlow wrote:
>
>> All criticism welcome. I'm a Lisp programmer in my day job, so I've
>> almost certainly heard worse.
>
> I'm dumbfounded that anyone is paid to write Lisp these days.

Aside from so-called "legacy" systems (which my current job could
reasonably be described as), there aren't that many.   But the usual
example is ITA Software, who not only use Lisp but use a Lisp
implementation whose compiler I've hacked on in the past.  And they have
  cute puzzles on their web site

   http://www.itasoftware.com/careers/hiringpuzzles.html?catid=114

Anyway, so much offtopic.  Thanks for all the comments - yes, my class
variable should be a constant, and yes, the *arkaby stuff does look a
lot less like line noise.  Reassuring to know I'm not completely out in
left-field even if I'm not thinking of anything particularly original
either.

-dan