[LRUG] LRUG in the future

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 03:43:24 PST 2009

2009/12/7 Joseph Wilk <joe at josephwilk.net>:
> Can I add a vote for somewhere that is wheelchair accessible, i.e no stairs.
> Is that feasible?

An excellent point!  We'll definitely keep it in mind when evaluating
the pubs.  Given most pubs have a ground floor bar, I suspect of
greater concern  would be that they're often very wee, and space is
limited between tables, chairs and the bar, or the doors are old and
narrow.  Anything else we should watch out for?

In terms of the new meeting venue, I'm pretty sure it's properly
accessible (unlike The Crypt, oops!).  The large meeting space is on
the ground floor, and I'd assume there is a lift to the other rooms if
we used them.  Maybe Wendy or someone else from Skills Matter can chip
in to confirm this?

Muz