[LRUG] [JOB AD] Ruby developer needed

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:48:18 PST 2009

Hi all,

Here at Aegis Media we are looking to recruit an experienced Ruby on Rails
developer to join our Ruby development team.  Our team works for all the
companies in the Aegis group (they're mostly media buying agencies) and we
build internal tools to help them get their jobs done.  We've built
applications for things like: reporting, planning, complex data analysis,
and image manipulation.  On occasion we've built external applications for
the clients & suppliers of the business too.  We do all this with ruby and
rails and have done so for about 4 years.  What we're looking for is someone
with at least a year of experience in building ruby apps for the web, but
also a good track record of OO development (in whatever language) and a
passion for the usual suspects: testing, web-standards, agile methodologies,
etc.

If this sounds interesting, get in touch with me off list and I'll send you
the full job spec and let you know about location, salary, benefits and all
the other mundane details.  Alternatively you can grab me on Monday after
the LRUG meeting and I'll talk you through the same kind of stuff.

Cheers,

Murray