[LRUG] Netbooks and Rails development

Eleanor McHugh eleanor at games-with-brains.com
Tue Feb 17 03:37:25 PST 2009

On 16 Feb 2009, at 18:11, Julian Burgess wrote:
> what is the problem with the Acer Aspire One? netbooks aren't really
> noticeably faster, so if the problem is smallness, I would recommend
> the samsung nc10.

I've played with the nc10 a few times and it's definitely one of the
better netbooks - it also routinely gets 6 hours of battery life in
benchmark tests which makes the extra pennies worthwhile. It's also
one of the few netbooks that supports OS X well (okay, so maybe not a
concern for most people but still nice to know lol).

On the other hand my stepson swears by his HP 2133 which has a far
denser screen (1280x768). Mind you I think he bought it as much for
the padlock subsystem in the VIA C-7 processor as anything else - he
is somewhat a security-obsessive...

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains