[LRUG] TDD (was: Ruby Contracting)

Francisco Trindade (Frank) frank.trindade at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 02:51:15 PST 2009

Tests are code, and are so difficult to write or maintain as
development code. If you want to write tests (and you should, IMO),
you have to be prepared to spend time writing it carefully, spend time
refactoring it, spend time erasing tests that are no long necessary,
etc...

Not mentioning the benefits for design that were already mentioned
before in this thread, I wouldn't like to get near of maintaining or
modifying non-tested ruby code. Regression tests give you the
confidence to change and know that everything is still working ,
specially in a dynamic language, and that is impossible to do using
manual testing.

Just my two cents.

Francisco Trindade
Software Consultant