[LRUG] London Rails Conference: Rails Underground '09

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Wed Feb 25 08:54:37 PST 2009

Hi Mark,

Congrats on your venture. It's hard work, so good luck!

On 25 Feb 2009, at 11:42, Mark Coleman wrote:

> I don't want to hang about, so registration is already available.
> There will be Early Bird tickets, but to get the ball rolling, there
> are also a few, limited availability Very Early Bird tickets
> available for £160 (a 1/3 off the regular price). Early Bird tickets
> will be £180, and available until June (or they sell out).

While cheaper than some conferences (RailsConf*), that's still a
pretty penny. It looks like you're making around 300 tickets available
in total, which if you sell out should net you around £60,000. Is that
really how much is required to put on a two day technical conference?

I'd also encourage you to drop the tiered ticketing, and set a simple,
fair price with a clear breakdown of where the money is going. As a
potential conference attendee, I like (or rather, need) to be able to
clearly justify the value I'm going to get. We are living in the
crunch, after all :)

Anyway... all the best,

James

*With RailsConf offering the 'free' pass to CabooseConf, I wonder if
anyone is actually going to pay for their full price fee? I know I
wouldn't, although be presenting and selling my soul to O'Reilly, I
get in anyway.