[LRUG] Netbooks and Rails development

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 04:50:06 PST 2009

I had the original EeePc 701 when I went travelling last year.

It was good enough for vim,
but clearly couldnt deal with any real amount of data in the database.

I also set up truecrypt partitions to store sensitive data on.

I kind of expected to get robbed at some point
(probably in Cambodia)
but it never happened.

Overall it was a good experience.
When I go travelling in April I'll probably upgrade to the 10" Samsung,
or maybe the 10" Acer.

But 10" feels like the way forward.

Will have to see.

I also need to decide whether to carry my proper camera,
downgrade to my reserve camera
or buy a new digital compact

And I can't quite decide
:S