[LRUG] Rails Rankings

George Palmer george.palmer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:37:56 PST 2009

Has anybody seen this site?  http://railsrankings.com  I wasn't aware
of it until today but the top cities list on the right hand side
caught my eye.  London is currently 3rd but only 2 cities in the top
10 are outside the US.  Now look at the coder numbers - London has
more than anywhere else.  Whilst this info can't be relied on to be
100% accurate it does highlight an interesting trend - are we (London
ruby coders) either a) slack or b) not promoting ourselves and each
other enough? (or potentially c) something else I've overlooked)

With that in mind, as I don't believe we're slacking over here, I'd
like to encourage lrugers to recommend (on workingwithrails) others
they've worked with/seen present at a conference/used their code.  Now
don't get me wrong, I don't think we should game the system and
randomly follow others we don't know but if you've worked with
somebody, been impressed by a presentation they've done or use one of
their gems I think it's fair game to recommend them.  If nothing else,
and everyone else is already doing this, then ignore me whilst I head
off to workingwithrails and catch up!

--
George Palmer
Freelance Developer