[LRUG] London Geek Night: Don't get tied to the Rails

Robert Rees robert.rees at thoughtevents.info
Wed Jan 7 01:33:54 PST 2009

Hi all,
We're having a Geek Night on the subject of the perils of Rails on the 27th
of January. You can see the full details at the link below but essentially
its an examination of Rails true "sweet spot". We'll also hopefully be
having a project experience of Merb and how well it coped when the project
changed.

It would be great if people could also offer their experience of using other
frameworks such as Ramaze in production. There's no need for a formal
presentation, if you make yourself know at the evening (or in advance via
email).

Really the talk is a rant about the way we talk about web application
development. Ideally we should be discussing how we want web applications to
be designed and whether the existing models such as MVC and REST are helping
us do the right thing for the applications we develop. So opinions without a
framework attached would also be welcome.

Links

Geek Nights: http://londongeeknights.wetpaint.com/
Event Page (for slides and pre-event discussion):
http://londongeeknights.wetpaint.com/page/Don%27t+get+tied+to+the+Rails
Upcoming page for sign-up: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1446948/