[LRUG] Introduction and a request for JS help

Vahagn Hayrapetyan vahagnh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:39:09 PST 2009

Oh YEESSSSS. Thomas, you're my man. I owe you beer (lots), anytime, anywhere
we meet.

The moment I read your answer was when I finally learned to use FireBug
properly and could see that something very strange was happening in the

var latlng = new GLatLng(gyms[i].lat,gyms[i].lng)

line. The array contained the right amount of items, but the function just
couldn't extract the values from it.

It was like telepathy! BANG!

The correct form is:

*var latlng = new GLatLng(gyms[i]['gym'].lat,gyms[i]['gym'].lng)*

@Chris: thanks, will check it out when I've done sorting this one out! Nice
to have an alternative implementation.

@sole: Well guess what ISN'T working now - it's the markers! The guy who
made this recipe is a former Accenture consultant and now a GeoCoding guru,
SIGH. I mean, to have 2 not-working things in a short snippet of code...
damn. Will have a look at it using your marker code - thanks!

@Dan & Matthew - thanks for the comments!

I guess I owe all you guys a beer now - what a delightful thought.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have a Friday night and have one for the soul
of ex-consultants now turned Rails gurus.

All the best,
Vahagn