[LRUG] London RoR Conference, July '09 ?

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 01:58:36 PST 2009

[Potentially very off-topic]
One of the things that I feel is a bit missing in the conference space
is cross-polination of ideas from different languages. There are a lot
of rails conferences, and a fair few ruby conferences but not many
ruby/python/perl/whatever conferences. QCon does this quite well for
the "enterprise", I think - there aren't many conferences where I can
go and see a talk about Java, Ruby and Haskell in the same afternoon.
I think its a bit of a shame that mostly we end up getting locked into
language silos, where you only meet people from the same language
background.
[/end of off-topic]

Ruby Manor was good - I'm sure Murray & James can give you lots of
advice. From a personal point of view I could stand to spend a bit
more than the £12 it cost for that - but only if it went towards
getting speakers from outside London/the UK. I didn't miss any of the
other things that RubyManor ditched like food & swag.

Cheers,
Roland