[LRUG] peoplesmusicstore.com needs another Rubyist

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Thu Jan 29 04:08:05 PST 2009

Hello Everyone,

peoplesmusicstore.com (that myself and James Darling have both been
working on for a over a year now) are looking for another rubyist to
help us out on the site.  We are looking for a fairly experienced
freelancer (or possible perm) web developer with good knowledge of
Ruby and a few decent Rails projects under their belt.  However, it
would be great if you could add some extra skills to the mix so DB
admin, Linux, Flash, whatever experience would be great.  We need
someone to start ASAP but mid to late february at the latest.  It's
mostly on-site work but fairly flexible.

The project itself is really interesting and I've really enjoyed
building it.  The service is a mp3 download store that allows users to
create their own stores of their favourite music from our catalogue
then they get rewarded with free music for any sales they make.  The
guys behind it worked on bleep.com and other good projects.
Technically, it's interesting as well.  There's custom rack preview
servers, loads of data to deal with and lots of interesting
audio-based challenges.

No recruiters please.  Mail me off-list if you want to know more.

Dan Webb
http://www.danwebb.net

aim: danwrong123
skype: danwrong