[LRUG] Jobs @ New Bamboo

Max Williams max at new-bamboo.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 04:58:25 PST 2009

Hi all,

New Bamboo are looking for an experienced Rails/Ruby developer to
bolster our current team. We are one of the leading Rails companies in the
UK, and are working with some very interesting clients. The position
is a great opportunity to work with a bunch of exciting and
enthusiastic people.

We are primarily looking for commercial experience in candidates,
especially with Rails applications.  At this point, we don't have the
resources to train people internally, and need people who could
quickly and easily function effectively as part of a greater team.

A summary of necessary skills include:

* Knowing Rails inside out - crucial
* Having a number of working Rails applications available to the public
* Ability to work both individually and as part of a team (no heroes)
* Having a desire to spread knowledge and be opinionated about best practices
* Able to work in our London offices, or on site with clients ( also in London )
* Experience of Agile a plus
* TDD/BDD practices a plus

What we are not looking for (right now):

* Junior/intern level candidates
* Experienced candidates in other languages who are looking to switch
to Ruby/Rails

If this sounds interesting, please send your cv to
jobs at new-bamboo.co.uk, along with the following optional extras:

* Code samples
* Opensource projects you have worked on
* Any dev blogs you have authored

Thanks,
Max

--
Max Williams
Co-Founder and Director, New Bamboo

Creating fresh, flexible and fast-growing web applications is our passion.

+44 (0)77 6673 1612

+44 (0)20 7099 7486
http://www.new-bamboo.co.uk