[LRUG] [ANN] Rewired State: National Hack the Government Day (March 7th)

James Darling james at abscond.org
Thu Jan 22 05:43:01 PST 2009

Hi all,

This email is to announce RewiredState: National Hack The Government
Day on the 7th March. It's a hack day to show governments what could
be done with the web to make the world a better place:

http://rewiredstate.org

We'll be collecting all the feeds and APIs we can get, offered by
official government sources and screen scraping new ones that aren't.

# Who should come

Developers, designers, data people, basically anyone who fancies
having a go at building something. We'll be mixing all this data up
with a room full of this country's best hackers. If you need to know
how to pull semantic data from a particular session specific PDF link,
we'll have just the boy or girl to help you.

# When, Where?

The Guardian
Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU
7th March 2009, 10am 'til pub

(it's very swish)

So if you want to help code a better country or there's just something
nagging you about your local council's website, please register your
interest.

Sign up and get more info at http://rewiredstate.org

Many thanks,
James Darling, Emma Mulqueeny & Richard Pope

PS: We need some help making a list of all the government and public
sector data out there. If you have a few minutes to spare, please help
us out for adding to our wiki: http://wiki.rewiredstate.org/?page=APIs

PPS: Apologies if you've received this email multiple times,
as we have been cross-posting to a few select mailing lists.
We have not posted this to any lists or communities we are
not personally members of.