[LRUG] Introduction and a request for JS help

Vahagn Hayrapetyan vahagnh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 01:28:19 PST 2009

Thomas, -

thanks for the productivity tips - being a FireBug superuser is surely worth
spending some time at. A fantastic tool. Regarding JavaScript, that's one
language I really have mixed feelings for. Feels mostly like a pile 'o poo,
with some good parts in it (
http://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Good-Parts-Douglas-Crockford/dp/0596517742/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232740034&sr=8-1
)

When I know my way better about those good parts, I might just have a go at
refactoring that initialize() function...

Everybody: I've fixed the markers now using exactly the same correction that
got the first part working. So sole, it is obviously possible to also call
the openInfoWindowHtml(var, var) method on object (GMap2) that wraps the the
DOM element (div#map), and not only on the marker.

I also like that one can toggle / untoggle the marker when clicking it - the
official Google examples (
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/examples/icon-custom.html)
don't do that.

That's it folks. Feel free to copy&paste the code from my application.js if
at any odd point in the future you'll need it.

All the best, Vahagn