[LRUG] London Geek Night: Don't get tied to the Rails

wendy wendy at skillsmatter.com
Tue Jan 27 01:20:49 PST 2009

Just so everybody knows - this presentation is at ThoughtWorks, not at
Skills Matter (we posted this incorrectly on our site, for which apologies)
wendy

Robert Rees wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're having a Geek Night on the subject of the perils of Rails on the
> 27th of January. You can see the full details at the link below but
> essentially its an examination of Rails true "sweet spot". We'll also
> hopefully be having a project experience of Merb and how well it coped
> when the project changed.
>
> It would be great if people could also offer their experience of using
> other frameworks such as Ramaze in production. There's no need for a
> formal presentation, if you make yourself know at the evening (or in
> advance via email).
>
> Really the talk is a rant about the way we talk about web application
> development. Ideally we should be discussing how we want web
> applications to be designed and whether the existing models such as
> MVC and REST are helping us do the right thing for the applications we
> develop. So opinions without a framework attached would also be welcome.
>
> Links
>
> Geek Nights: http://londongeeknights.wetpaint.com/
> Event Page (for slides and pre-event
> discussion): http://londongeeknights.wetpaint.com/page/Don%27t+get+tied+to+the+Rails
> Upcoming page for sign-up: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1446948/

Wendy Devolder
CEO

Tel +44 0207 1072620
Skype wendyskillsmatter
wendy.devolder at skillsmatter.com
	<http://skillsmatter.com/skills-matter-featured-event.html>
Get this and other badges for your blog, email signature, and profile
*here...* <http://www.skillsmatter.com/go/community/>
Skills Matter
1 Sekforde Street, London, EC1R 0BE
Tel: 0207 107 2620, Fax: 0207 107 2621