[LRUG] RailsConf anyone?

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Thu Jan 29 09:35:44 PST 2009

I've got a multi stop ticket with san fransisco and that was 420.  I
saw direct to vegas for 330 the other day but I think its more like
360 now.  Hotel rates are $129 for the hilton but you could stay at
the sahari which is well close and has rooms for $50-60 a lot of the
time.  It's got a NASCAR bar as well.  AMAZING.

I find it very worth going to conferences as a freelancer.  I've
gotten a lot of good projects as a result of going to conferences.  I
think it's good to just meet and chat to people every year then your
name will be the first that comes to mind when a relevant project
comes up.  As Its  all about meeting people the idea of going to
cabooseconf is looking good.  All the people in the one place but a
nice lo-fi unconference to go to instead of a big o'rielly job.

Las Vegas is very entertaining as well.  If you haven't been before
it's worth going just for that.