[LRUG] The August Meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:55:47 PDT 2009

Good idea Taryn, let's try it out.

However, I think it makes sense to do it at the end of the meeting instead
of the start.  Mostly so that it doesn't eat into the time for the talks,
which it easily could if the discussion gets interesting.  The room rental
is fairly strict and we have to be out by 8pm, and I'd rather cut the "free
for all" short as it can spill out into the pub or mailing list, but there's
nowhere for the talks can't.  Also there's usually a handful of folk that
don't make it right at the start and they shouldn't miss out on this.
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they were probably staying late at
work because they were so excited about some new gem!

How does that sound?

Muz