[LRUG] Rough Cuts - early reviews

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:06:57 PDT 2009

2009/7/30 Anthony Green <Anthony.Green at bbc.co.uk>

> The problem with RoughCuts is they're exactly that. I got in trouble for a
> bad review I gave of the Rails Cookbook in Roughcut. It was extensively
> edited and improved just prior to release. The author was understandably
> upset.

That's a fair point I think.  On the one hand, any review should make it
very clear that you reviewed a incomplete book and that it might change when
it goes to press, but it seems unacceptable for them to have given you
hassle about it.  I wonder if there are any guidelines on this sort of
thing.  It would probably be worth talking to AW to find out where you can
direct negative feedback so that it has an impact on the book before it goes
to press, (and thus you might update your review).

Muz