[LRUG] The August Meeting

Taryn East teast at globalpersonals.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 01:58:59 PDT 2009

Can I suggest something from my SRUG meetings?

We always used to have a section at the beginning of each meeting - about
15min... for everyone to hold an informal discussion on the current "state
of play" in the Ruby/Rails world - ie nobody stood up to talk at everybody,
just a microphone was passed around and anybody could leap in with anything
interesting they found recently, projects  they've been working on,
prominent new uptake of rails... or otherwise.

It was really good to get an overview of what was happening.

Cheers,
Taryn