[LRUG] The August Meeting

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Thu Jul 16 04:32:47 PDT 2009

2009/7/16 Martin <mtsbtt at googlemail.com>:
> To expand on my +1..
> I think this is good idea as
> it means you get to find out about more stuff that is going on and useful
> tools/libs that might be worth using.
> There is usually only so much time in the pub afterwards and it's not always
> possible to get to chat to everyone so having it upfront like this should
> lead to a greater sharing of knowledge.

One concern with this kind of discussion is that it's very easy for it
to become sidelined into a particular topic, or dominated by a select
few people. This is normally because people are passionate, and
there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but it can result in a
less interesting conversation for other people.

So, if we were to try this out, I'd ask everyone to be respectful with
regards to involving other people in the conversation and encouraging
topics of discussion beyond their particular gripe-du-jour.

Reading back, that sounds a bit cynical, but please don't take it that
way. I would love to try this out.

Errrrrrmmmm....I mean,  +1.

:P

James