[LRUG] The August Meeting

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Jul 20 07:19:17 PDT 2009

On 17 Jul 2009, at 12:03, Paul Battley wrote:

> 2009/7/17 Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net>:
>> I'd quite like to spread the word about my lazy Cucumber runner:
>> http://github.com/mattwynne/cucover/tree/master
>
> That's a great idea. I just tried it out. Unfortunately, it seems to
> make everything run so slowly that I'd be better off just running all
> the features ...
>
> Paul.

Yes... unfortunately it's more of a proof of concept right now - I
don't use it myself day-to-day as too much of our stuff runs out of
process for me to be able to use it reliably. But I had noticed about
the speed - I'm not sure how much that's unavoidable RCov overhead and
how much is my naive first-pass implementation which is chattering
away to disk all the time.

If you have a significant number of features though, focussed
regression runs are a big time-saver, especially when you're
refactoring and lose track of what you might have broken. That's the
theory anyway... :)

cheers,
Matt Wynne

http://mattwynne.net