[LRUG] Looking at the July LRUG (and also THE FUTURE (well, August anyway))

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:48:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

I like the idea of a Dojo if it can work with that number of people.
Probably a good idea to try and find someone who has run one before if
we do that.

On a related note - how about a "code clinic" type of event? People
bring in code to be criticised and refactored: one of the things I
personally miss when working on side projects & libraries is any sort
of peer review/feedback. Again I've no idea if this would work with a
larger group.

Thinking about the dynamic languages event happening tonight, another
idea would be a Ruby influences night: presenting things from other
languages (perl, smalltalk, lisp) that have made it into ruby.