[LRUG] Netbooks and Rails development

Chris Andrews chris at nodnol.org
Wed Mar 4 09:40:57 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Simon Starr <simon at starr.cx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was doing some netbook research recently when I came across this article
> at Gizmodo about sticking OS X on a Dell Mini 9:
> http://gizmodo.com/5156903/how-to-hackintosh-a-dell-mini-9-into-the-ultimate-os-x-netbook
>
> This prompted me to order one on Monday but now they've knocked £50 off the
> price in a 48 hour sale so I've ordered a cheaper one today and I'll be
> sending the first one back! (It seems they can't cancel online orders but
> are happy to accept returns)

See I was all ready to do just this, and then I noticed that they've
apparently changed the spec - the graphics is no longer an Intel
GMA950, but a GMA500 which is unsupported by OSX, at least by the
method Giz explains.

http://mydellmini.com/forum/latest-mini-9-shipping-with-different-chipset--t4071.html

There's lots of debate and little hard information - do let us know
how you get on!

Chris.