[LRUG] [Job] Mid-level or senior web developers required

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 04:48:14 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Indulge me with another job post would you? :) The recession has
proved kind to us (so far), we're stacked with work and we're
therefore looking for mid-level or senior web developers with Ruby/
Rails experience to bolster our current team of 6. Specifically I'm
wondering if there are any great contractors out there who are fed up
with the hassle and would like to be part of something bigger, hone
their skills and get some job security.

Full details are at: http://www.edendevelopment.co.uk/jobs

Thanks guys!
Chris

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Eden Development is a leading software development firm based in
Winchester, UK.
We craft dependable, flexible and beautifully made web applications
that provide real value to businesses, majoring on Ruby on Rails
development. We have strong opinions about the best way to do our work
– we use agile methods, write tests first and pair program where we
can. We’re very proud of what we build for our clients and we’re
passionate about what we do.

We’re now looking for 1-2 developers to join the team, either at mid-
level or senior:

• 1-2 years experience with Ruby/Rails essential: either in a team, as
a contractor, or via open source.
• Experience with HTML, CSS, Javascript, AJAX, MySQL essential.
• Experience with Agile methods (Scrum, iterative development, BDD or
TDD) essential.
And it would be great if you have:

• C/C++ proficiency
• RSpec + Cucumber proficiency
• Open source contributions
If you are applying at the more senior end we’d like you to have:

• Experience breaking down projects into discrete features helpful.
• Experience dealing with clients – perhaps as an ex-contractor.
We’re not currently looking for people without a good level of Ruby/
Rails experience, or for people who want to work remotely – this is an
onsite role only.

Salary is negotiable depending on experience. We also offer a generous
bonus scheme.

If you’re interested, please send CVs, examples of work and any open
source contribution links to jobs at edendevelopment.co.uk.

A word to agencies: We are not planning to use an agency to fill this
role at present. If we wish to use an agency, we will call you first,
so there’s no point calling us. We will delete any emails containing
unsolicited CVs without reading them.

--
Chris Parsons
CEO ~ Eden Development (UK) Ltd

chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
http://www.edendevelopment.co.uk
http://twitter.com/chrismdp

0845 0097 094
po box 425, winchester, so23 0wy, uk
Map: http://pininthemap.com/edendevelopment

Tried Pin in the Map? Mark a map location, add text, send to friends.
http://pininthemap.com

This electronic message and all contents contain information from the
sender which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any copying,
disclosure, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original
message and all copies. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.