[LRUG] Dynamic Languages evening at the BCS

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu May 14 02:12:48 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Léon Brocard from the London Perl Mongers is putting together a Dynamic
Languages evening on Wednesday 10th of June at the British Computer
Society.  The plan for the evening is that there will be talks about Perl,
Python, Ruby and PHP given by members of the local user groups.  The talks
will be 5 minute lightning talks and they're hoping for 5 from each language
group to fill out the evening.  This'll clearly cover a lot of ground in one
evening and sounds like it could be fun.  They're sorting out the sign up
page today, and when I get the URL I'll let you all know about it.

However, this isn't just a event notificaiton email, the evening needs some
rubyists to volunteer to give talks.  Anyone up for it?  There's no theme
for the evening so you can talk about anything ruby.  You don't even have to
make it an "intro to" style talks just because not everyone in the room is a
rubyist.  As long as you come up with an interesting 5 minutes about ruby
people will get it.

If you are interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Léon.

Cheers,

Muz

ps. That's 2 days after the June LRUG meeting (more details on which
shortly), so you can have Super-Double Ruby Fun that week.  Yay!