[LRUG] Passenger RailsBaseURI

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 09:58:23 PST 2009

We have a Solaris server, usaully used for PHP, with Apache. The sys admin
has installed MRI + Passenger (he has not be able to install Ruby
Enterprise). I have a config file where I can configure virtual hosts to run
multiple Rails apps as rails.example.com/app_name.

>From the documentation I saw that I can use  RailsBaseURI <app_dir>. The
file is the following:

<VirtualHost rails.wolseley.com:80>
    ServerName rails.exemaple.com
    DocumentRoot /sites/rails
    RailsBaseURI /tree
    ErrorLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog
/www/apachelogs/%Y/%m/%d-rails-error_log
--link=/www/apachelogs/rails-error.log"
    CustomLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog
/www/apachelogs/%Y/%m/%d-rails-access_log
--link=/www/apachelogs/rails-access.log" combined env=!BOTLOG
</VirtualHost>

The sys admin has edded ErrorLog, CustomLog. All I can have is the well know
message 'We are sorry but something went wrong'. I DB is micrate to
production, MySql is inthe same server and the username and password are ok.
The web application has only one table with scaffolding.

If that configuration ok? The web application is in /sites/rails-data and in
/sites/rails I have a symlink to /sites/rails-data/my_app/public. I was able
to run the application, but know I cannot.

If you add that I should only ask think to the sys admin using ticket from
the help desk, you can immagine the frustration.

Thanks for any help,
--
Riccardo Tacconi
VIRTUELOGIC LIMITED