[LRUG] London Computer Science book group - First Meeting date!

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 02:58:15 PST 2009

Hey all,

Thanks very much to those of you who responded to the poll for our
first meeting date. Based on the answers there, I think the best day
for our first meeting is Wednesday the 2nd of December. Therefore,
I've booked a table at the Crown Tavern, EC1 (the usual LRUG watering
hole) for 6.30pm on that night- it's booked in the name of Tim if you
get there before me.

Since it's not long until the meeting, i propose we all try and cover
as much of chapter 1 of SICP as possible (so 1.1, 1.2 and maybe even
1.3) beforehand, then we can all discuss what we've learned, and
perhaps look on to some of the next chapter. Don't worry if you
haven't managed to cover much, as I'm pretty sure we'll be a  fairly
mixed-ability group, and it should be very informal. There's a link to
the pdf of the book on the book group wiki at http://londoncsbookclub.pbworks.com/
, and if you're after hard copy Amazon will have it, and Foyles
normally carry a copy or two if you want to pick one up somewhere in
person (I imagine the Waterstones next to UCL would also be a good bet).

The pub details are here, for those who aren't frequent LRUGGers: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/17288/Crown_Tavern/Clerkenwell

See you all on the 2nd!

Cheers,

Tim