[LRUG] December meeting

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 02:28:51 PST 2009

On 27 Nov 2009, at 10:14, James Adam wrote:

> Another option would be to pick one of the talks that we didn't have
> time to schedule into the Manor...

Sounds good to me. Otherwise, (or in addition to that) how about an
evening of lightning talks? I could probably get 5 or 10 minutes out
of one of the following if so:

* a report on the London CS Book club, and the interesting and
pertinent things that we're presumably going to find in the first
chapter of SICP next week,
* Processing-ish generative graphics with Shoes, and a general rant
about language choices for teaching people with a non-technical
background, and how awesome Ruby is for this (although this might be
preaching to the choir to some extent, it's a talk I've done in a few
other less ruby-centric places).
* Something (I'm not quite sure what yet) about Sequel and the
benefits of an ORM with a bit more 'R' than 'O'.

Cheers,

Tim