[LRUG] Reasons for Postgres (was: Migrating SQLlite to MySQL)

Tom Stuart tom at experthuman.com
Mon Nov 16 09:03:36 PST 2009

On 16 Nov 2009, at 16:52, Sam Stokes wrote:
> Would you be able to list a few things that you like about Postgres, or even reasons to use Postgres over MySQL?

Arbitrary data point: while I'm not currently a Postgres user, I really miss transactional DDL. There are few things more infuriating than a migration which fails halfway through, having made some (but not all) of your intended changes to the schema, which Rails then can't roll back because MySQL doesn't know what you're talking about.