[LRUG] Googley Wavey Invitey

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Thu Nov 26 03:26:35 PST 2009

On 26 Nov 2009, at 10:58, Chris Mear wrote:
> Trying to manage even, say, a to-do list would be like using a wiki page as your issue tracker -- you'd have to impose all the structure and operations by manual edits.

This is very true. To get the most out of Wave, you need to impose some of your own ideas about how each document should evolve, what is appropriate in terms of its evolution, and what it not. It might be fine in some cases to have long chat-like conversations, but not OK in others.

The same is true of email in many ways (on a conversation-by-conversation basis, it may be appropriate (or not) to use HTML email, attach large files, type in all lowercase, type only in the subject line, etc). It's just that we're very used to dealing those modes of usage now.