[LRUG] Reasons for Postgres (was: Migrating SQLlite to MySQL)

Sam Stokes webstuff-lrug at samstokes.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 08:52:13 PST 2009

Now that you've brought it up :)  Would you be able to list a few things
that you like about Postgres, or even reasons to use Postgres over MySQL?

I'm not looking for a flamewar (and certainly not intending to defend
MySQL!) - I'm genuinely curious about Postgres.  It's something I've
never got around to looking into - MySQL has always been "good enough",
since I'm already familiar with it - but I'd like to have a reason to
try Postgres on a new project.

--
Sam