[LRUG] Googley Wavey Invitey

Chris Mear chrismear at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 02:39:48 PST 2009

On 26 Nov 2009, at 10:06, James Adam wrote:

> I should mention that if you do want one, you may wish to sign up
> using an existing gmail address, rather than an arbitrary one, to
> keep everything linked up nicely boobies.

Definitely -- the Wave usernamespace (username at googlewave.com) seems
to be shared with the gmail.com usernamespace (username at gmail.com), so
it wouldn't let me sign up as chrismear unless I used my existing chrismear at gmail.com
  email address/Gmail account/Google account caboodle.

I too have a handful of invites in case the current glut runs out.

Also, I set up an LRUG public wave (which you should be able to find
by searching for "lrug with:public") if anyone wants a playground.

So far the things I've liked most about Wave are the proper threaded
conversations, and the ability to sneakily edit other people's
messages, which of course is entirely not possible with regular email.

Chris