[LRUG] Rails in the wonderful, wonderful Cloud

Paul Ardeleanu pardel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:24:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Levent Ali <lebreeze at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't used Heroku... I'd avoid EngineYard personally... go
> Rackspace if you can afford it...

Rackspace bought, some many moons ago, 2 cloud hosting companies:
Slicehost and Mosso (later renamed Rackspace Cloud).
I'm using both of them and found them reliable and very good value for
money. The main difference is the price structure: Slicehost has a
fixed monthly fee whilst Rackspace Cloud is a PAYG service.
Also, Rackspace Cloud has a storage facility similar with Amazon S3.
At the moment, their servers are located in USA but there are plans
for UK based solutions.

Rackspace Cloud -
http://www.rackspacecloud.com/cloud_hosting_products/servers/pricing
Slicehost - https://manage.slicehost.com/customers/new?referrer=e74a514be9bf290fdbecba256709a086