[LRUG] Rails in the wonderful, wonderful Cloud

Mike Evans mike at harmonypark.net
Thu Oct 1 04:11:38 PDT 2009

Thanks for all the replies so far guys.

Mark, it's a Rails focus and although the app is in its infancy there
are grand designs (as always!) so being able to dial up the power in a
virtualised environment to meet growth demands is attractive. Not
being tied to particular physical hardware makes sense in terms of
redundancy.  You're right that in reality two load-balanced servers
would probably be as good in this regard but somehow it just feels so
2007. :)

Also, a managed platform with an SLA sounds attractive relative to
building up boxes ourselves.

Anyone heard good things about FlexiScale?

Mike