[LRUG] Rails in the wonderful, wonderful Cloud

toby privett tobyprivett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:09:02 PDT 2009

I've used both Railsmachine and Slicehost for client projects. The former
offer a nifty deployment gem, but extra ram etc gets very pricey.
Slicehost have been great. You have to spend a little time setting up the
box but the guides they have are comprehensive and I've not had any trouble.
One plus is the ease of cloning your slice through the control panel. While
it's not a managed service, I do get the idea they're "on top of it". They
DOS issues a while ago. Other than, it's been a smooth ride. And the price
is right.

Hello, a quick question on this sunny autumnal morning. A client of ours is