[LRUG] [ANN/ADV] Ruby Bootcamp, Nov. 30 - Dec. 4

David A. Black dblack at rubypal.com
Thu Oct 1 07:20:37 PDT 2009

Hello all --

I wanted to let you know that I'm coming to London to teach the Ruby
Bootcamp at Skills Matter. The schedule is: November 30-December 2,
then one day off for the RoR eXchange (a one-day
symposium/conference), and then the last day of class on Friday,
December 4.

The last Bootcamp went really well. Among the comments from someone
who had been using Ruby for quite a while before taking the course: it
covered much more Ruby than he'd be expecting. (That's a paraphrase
from memory, but a close one.)

The Bootcamp does an accelerated ramp-up into the basics of Ruby,
suitable if you're new to it or if you're not but want to get a nice,
cobweb-free, clear take on the fundamentals. Then it gets more
advanced, and encompasses all sorts of topics.

I do presentation-style stuff (including lots of live code-demos) but
I also strongly emphasize hands-on work and lab-style practice and
coaching.

For more info: http://skillsmatter.com/course/ajax-ria/ruby-bootcamp

David

--